Friday, September 26, 2014

Blog Post #5

For my final presentation, I got placed in the Perishing Rifles group.  I think this will be a very interesting organization to research.  Currently I don’t know much about them other than the two presentations that were given in the shark tank proposals about them.  The Perishing Rifles were formed in 1894 at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln.  The goal is to help develop successful officers in the Army, Navy, and Air Force.  In 1928, they expanded to include many other universities around the United States.  In 1962, units around the U.S. began working with JROTC students and formed the organization “Blackjacks” which is the high school equivalent to the Perishing Rifles.  Going into this project some of the questions I have are:
·         Do you have to be in the ROTC program to be in the Perishing Rifles?
·         Since it’s a fraternity, is it only for males?
·         What training do you have to do to get into the Perishing Rifles?
·         How do you become a Perishing Rifle?
·         How often do they have drill?
·         What do the Perishing Rifles do around campus?
These are just some of the questions that I have about the Perishing Rifles.  I’m sure by the end of this research/ documentary project, I will have all these questions answered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment